Homes In Athens
Quick and easy access to real estate resources and general information for home buyers and sellers.
A recent Real Estate survey found that more than three-quarters (78%) of potential first-time home buyers say now is a good time to buy.
- 1.) How much home can you afford?
- Research your financial options and talk to a qualified lender and get pre- approved for a mortgage. In this market it is essential to have a pre approval letter when you make an offer! There most likely will be multiple offers on the same property that you want. This will save you and your REALTOR® valuable time before falling in love with a house you can’t afford. Understand the costs of owning a home, and prepare a budget for future home repairs, and budget for property taxes.
- 2.) A knowledgeable buyer’s agent is crucial.
- Landing a mortgage can be tougher than you think. Finding a reputable buyer’s agent will assist a home buyer get their finances in order to help prepare them to qualify for a loan. They will also explain the many “in’s and out’s” of purchasing a home and the contingencies to be included before signing a contract to protect the buyer.
- 3.) Don’t get discouraged.
- The competition of a biding war is likley so be prepared to make your highest and best offer the first time.,
- 4.) Hire a professional inspector.
- The seller isn’t always likely to point out every “flaw” or “shortcoming” in their home. It is in the buyer’s best interest to obtain their own inspector – independently of the seller’s agent, before signing and committing to a contract.
- 5.) Don’t wear your heart on your sleeve.
- No matter how much you’ve fallen in love with a house, don’t let the seller’s agent in on it. Otherwise, he will gain the upper hand in negotiations.
Strategies For Selling Your Home.
- The current housing market is still a sellers market , Right now there is less than 4 months of inventory. Until that changes it will remain a strong sellers market. Price your house right and it should sell fairly quickly and most likely with multiple offers
- 2.) Tell Your Story.
- Connect your story with your potential buyer, Let them know the things about your home and neighborhood that you love .
- 3.) Pricing it right.
- Make sure you have a broker who is totally informed, knows what properties are going for on the market and knows the comps in your neighborhood.
- 4.) Set the stage.
- Buyers will snoop, so organize and minimize closets and storage clutter. Maximize the light in your home by removing drapes, clean the windows, change the lampshades, increase the wattage of your light bulbs and cut the bushes outside to let in sunshine. Do what you have to do make your house bright and cheery – it will make it more sellable.
- 5.) Hide the critters!
- Buyers don’t want to walk in your home and see a bowl full of dog food, smell the kitty litter box or have tufts of pet hair stuck to their clothes. It will give buyers the impression that your house is not clean.